Solo Flight Log

Travel log about being a single w/o kids(SWOK)include notes about my faith, of being a uterine cancer survivor and raw foodist. Other interests are knitting, crocheting, cats and...

Name:
Location: Southern Arizona, Southwest, United States

Another thing I wish to make others aware of endometrial cancer. AKA Uterine cancer, one of the least talked about gynological cancers. I’m a survivor of uterine cancer, quite a fight. Personally I think that it's easier to talk about breasts (man's fixation) then it is to talk about bleeding - women's bleeding and uterus has been a verboten subject for centuries!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Never thought I would do this!

Ok... I'm joining the crowd by creating a blog. Hard to believe but I'm doing it!

As I mention in the subtitle I'm a single w/o kids who has found this category to be invisible to society.... since I previously had a column of the same name in a local free paper. I'll be occasionaly sharing what I saved (had a hard drive crash so may not be able to resurrect all of them). Also will continue to address this issue of what it feels like to be a member of an ignored societal group in a parent/child focused society and how to handle it.

Since I'm a knitter again (after a break of a decade or so) I'll post photos of "FO" (finished objects) and talk about knitting and crocheting.

What will also be mentioned is my eating lifestyle. After a lifetime of being fat.... to obese to morbidly obese, I'm finally rapidly losing weight without the assistance of surgery. Thanks to being a raw vegan I'm doing it. So I'll be explaining what that's all about.

Some of my poetry may be shared. Due to many folk's blatant stealing of poetry found on the web and calling it anonymous I may not. I'll decide this as I go along. I have a gift for poetry so we'll see.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tina! Your blog looks great! I love what you've done with the place! Very cozy!

I belong to a similarly invisible group, MWOK - married without kids (other than the cats, of course). Some people think there is no reason for marriage OTHER than to have kids.

I've thought of starting a blog as maybe a place to channel my babblableness, but I just KNOW that the moment I started one, I'd run out of things to say! You have so many neat things to talk about!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Tina in AZ said...

//ann

Personally I doubt you would ever run out of things to say! LOL!

I think what you're feeling is the "blank page"/"microphone in front of me" syndrome. Any of us who write or speak into a microphone feel that initial "ahhhhhh"!!

Tina

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home